Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Gun lobby always wins

On Jan 11, 12:33*am, "Steve B" wrote:

One by one, our rights are threatened. *At the current time, we are
threatened by people who want to take our guns and right to free speech
away. *They want to limit what we can say and where we can say it.

Rights are always threatened. You see the problem is that rights are
not inalienable, whether people use the adjective or not. Your rights
have to be exercised and defended. All of them - not just owning
guns.

People used to have to check their guns at the door when they went
into a saloon. Why would that be if everyone were carrying guns? I
mean, everyone having guns makes it safe, right?

http://mainecampus.com/2010/02/15/ch...s-at-the-door/
I pretty much agree with everything in that article. How do you feel
about it?

When the "government" comes for you they won't be restricting
themselves to handguns and rifles. They've got planes, tanks and the
Bomb, not to mention chemical weapons, drones, etc., etc. But they
won't need to resort to that, as they control food, water and power
supplies. I suppose if you were that concerned about it you could
remove yourself to a place where you would have some control over your
food, water and power, but that could never be complete, could it?
Me? I weigh the odds, figure out if there's something I can do about
it, and if not, well, I go about my business and don't worry about it.