Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Gun lobby always wins

On Jan 10, 4:44*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 1/10/2011 3:48 PM mike spake thus:

On Jan 10, 2:47 pm, Higgs Boson wrote:

It's so pitifully obvious that the "men" who need lethal weapons

Legitimate defense can be not only a right but a grave duty for one
who is responsible for the lives of others.

I'm responsible not only defending my own life, but also the life of
my family. *I cannot do that with a pointy stick.

I'm sure as you write that you feel all noble and manly and stuff, but
to me it just makes you sound like a caveman.

What are the police, chopped liver?

The police have no duty to protect any of us as individuals, only a
generalized duty to protect society.
As such they cannot be held responsible for harm caused by their
failure to act.
The LAPD certainly did a wonder job in BOTH of the LA riots in my life
time.

Sounds like your place of residence needs a sign....

To whom it may concern, there are no firearms in this residence.