Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Gun lobby

On Jan 10, 3:47*pm, "EXT" wrote:
"Michael B" wrote in message

A well armed society is a very polite one.
Things could have been different if the shooter
had been taken out earlier than it took for two
people to tackle him down.
And who would not have the guns with the
regulations you propose? Same as before.

The guy used a semi-automatic. Pull the trigger,
it shoots.

Next time you go to a McDonalds, hope that if
someone starts shooting, a customer will be
armed and know what to do.

That is the theory put forth, but unfortunately that concept won't work
either. There will be lots of people with guns that don't know how to use
them, how to shoot without taking out bystanders, and using them in anger -- *
as we see street gangs doing.

In my area we have "licensed drivers" who should know how to drive a car,
they do drive cars, but have no concept of how to drive them in snow, which
we have lots of. They don't think that you cannot cut in between two other
cars or pull out in front of other moving cars or make sharp turns.

The theory for drivers, just like gun owners, is that they will know how and
what to do in all situations, but they just don't know and the result is
disaster. More guns will make more disasters, just as more car drivers
create more disasters on the roads.

Your analogy is off the mark. Increased CCW has not resulted in
"more disasters".

Check the FBI's data.... I'll put my money on the armed citizen.
They kill more bad guys than the police and they kill fewer "good
guys" by mistake.

The reason being..... they typically have better situational intel,
they are there from start to finish and know the good guys from the
bad guys.
The police arrive on scene and if the shooting has already started
have very time to assess the situation.