Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal[_3_] Ecnerwal[_3_] is offline

Default A comment on TurboCad software...

In article ,
"Chet" wrote:
I sincerely think it deserves better reviews than you sometimes see...

Having bought TurboCad 2D/3D WAYYYY back in the day, specifically
because it ran on a Mac and claimed to export DXF files, I'm not exactly
inclined to give them any more money, since the "DXFs" it exported were
garbage (utterly unlike the drawing, unless perhaps it was "the drawing
after having been stomped on by Godzilla"), and they never released an
update to fix that. Given that this was supposed to be allowing me to
design on a Mac and then hand DXFs off to a PC running a router, not too
useful. As best I recall they spent several years pretending Macs didn't
even exist at that point rather than fixing their crap, though they seem
to have a Mac version again. Fool me once...

Looks like that was "V3" (circa 1995?) and they are now up to "V5" on
Macs. Not a whole lot of effort there. And still nothing to fix V3 in
their "online support." Ohh, they have some 3D tutorials there - not
exactly addressing the problem. If they were handing out free upgrades
to people who had wasted money on useless software I might try it again,
but otherwise "fool me once" stands...