Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - debt recovery call

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Yes, this is OT to home repair.

Just played a message on my answering machine. "This is
name, from company. We're a company that provides debt
recovery services for people. We're listed with the Better
Business Bureau. We're looking for a name, that lived on
street, in town. If this is you or a relative, please call
back at number, extension."

It is my name, and I did live at that adress from about 1989
to 1991. I'm thinking either they want to give me money.
They found an old debt owed me, and want half of it. Or
someone thinks I owe them money from twenty years or so ago.
Could go either way.

Should I call back, or touch delete on the answering
machine, and hope they never call again?

You might try a search at one of your state offices. There is one
in Nebraska that has a website for misplaced money. My sister in law
got a few hundred dollars back sometime ago through the state office. I
don't remember for sure which one it was. I think it was the Unclaimed
Property Division of the State Treasurer's Office.