Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default O.T. The sick gun culture.

Steve B wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Steve B wrote:

It was NOT a coincidence that no one in the crowd had a gun. Out of
respect of the law, no one carried a gun to a federal official's
presence, save the gunman. I own guns, and could have been carrying
one, but I would not have because of the uproar it would have
caused. It is illegal to do so, and I'm sure that the Secret
Service would have been all over anyone carrying a gun, legal or
not. Except for the shooter, proving that one with an agenda
cannot be stopped easily. Next time you shoot off your mouth, make sure
it's loaded.

Sorry, you are mistaken.

It is NOT illegal (per se) to carry a gun in the presence of a
federal official.

It is not even illegal for a private citizen to carry a gun to a
presidential rally or function.

In the case of the latter, the Secret Service will decline to permit
him entry, but it is not illegal.

Sorry about the way I stated it. Let's just say that I would not
take a gun to a place where a federal official is present out of fear
that it might create a stir. Apparently, there was a firearm carrier
there, and he did not shoot the perp, but helped to subdue him. Proof that
when people carry guns, they are not the maniacs many
people think they are, but can demonstrate a high degree of
restraint. I wonder how many people would have shot the
perp...............

I kinda knew what you meant but wanted to clarify in case some took your
observation the wrong way.

I agree with you that the vast majority of gun owners are not 'roided out
primates. If you saw the video of the person who helped subdue the perp (who
was also carrying a gun), you'll see the epitome of conscientious gun
carriers. He was articulate, thoughtful, rational, and in control. He was
also the same age as the shooter!

I wonder if Joe Zamudio - the guy with a gun who didn't pull it - served in
the military? It usually takes some training to "run to the sound of the
guns."