Posted to alt.home.repair
bpuharic bpuharic is offline

Default getting ready to tile the bathroom

On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 16:24:16 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

bpuharic wrote:
OK getting ready to put floor tile in the bathroom...what do i do
about running it up against the toilet and bathtub? obviously i dont
want to life either...do i just run the tile against the base of the
tiolet and bathtub, then caulk and seal?

thanks all

I left a gap 'twixt the first tile and the tub (grout filled).

You've GOT to lift the toilet and tile underneath it otherwise the result
WILL look like crap. So doing will also facilitate changing toilets when
your old age mandates the taller kind.

Hint:

Assuming you're using 12" tiles. Cut a bunch in half with a tile cutter or
angle grinder and use them as the baseboard.

I glued mine to the wall with liquid nails then went back and stuffed grout
in the gaps to match the floor.

Looks great!

nice idea!