Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default Automatic fire sprinklers

On 1/10/2011 7:30 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
are now required in new Pennsylvania homes:
http://tinyurl.com/323syvr

Does anyone here have some real on hands experience with fire sprinklers
going off? Some years ago I did a job at a place that makes the
sprinklers and systems. I told them I heard insurance companies don't
like them due to all the water damage.

He replied, that's Hollywood for you! His and most sprinklers give off
more of a heavy mist than a heavy drenching like you see on TV. And
also if one sprinkler goes off, it doesn't trigger all the sprinklers...
again, that's Hollywood.

I'm not saying this is fact, just what I was told. Actually I believe
one won't set them all off, but the heavy mist instead of a downpour?
Any first hand knowledge?

There are real sprinklers, and there are Hollywood sprinklers.