Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default O.T. The sick gun culture.

In article ,
"DGDevin" wrote:

Which doesn't exclude fine-tuning the law to reduce such incidents. After
the Virginian Tech massacre the NRA endorsed the background check system
being changed so someone a judge considers a danger to himself and others
and orders to undergo psychiatric treatment will be prevented from
purchasing firearms.

Which is largely BS because for the most part these records are sealed
by Federal and state law. The Psych and Substance Abuse privacy laws
have always been tougher than regular health care privacy.

This Arizona case suggests to me that if someone is
rejected by the Army on psych grounds (if that's what happened) then maybe
that too should put someone on the list.

Same problems. You will note that the information was leaked and the
Army rep said they couldn't comment. Also, FWIW, the Army turned him
down for a dirty urine drop, NOT for psych reason, at least according to
the reports.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke