Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Paint sprayer

On Jan 10, 2:04*pm, Joe wrote:
On Jan 9, 2:42*pm, "SBH" wrote:

How good are the paint sprayers, such as Wagner or any others? I'm looking
for something fairly inexpensive but good enough to paint odds and ends such
as fences and interior walls.

Thanks

Historically Wagner has been a bit of a joke, but lately some of their
offerings don't look too bad, though overpriced. For around $20 and
even less, Harbor Freight has some decent offerings. I have some
professional spray guns for big stuff, but the odd jobs are done just
fine with the collection of HF guns on the shelf. Stick with your
paint roller on interior walls. The hassle with airless and taping is
not much fun. The pros use those and paint an entire new house in less
than a day. And the cleanup takes another half day.

Joe

I've tried the El Cheapo ($20? on sale) HF unit and it sucked.

It splattered globs of paint all over the surface.

A friend gave me his Wagner - I don't know the model number - because
it did the same thing.

I'd blame it on the operator (at least in my case) but I've worked
with my friend while he used a "professional" sprayer (all fancy
stainless steel, etc.) and his huge air compressor and did a
phenomenal job priming and painting a large and extremely odd shaped
item. Not a single glob to be seen.

On the other hand, a co-worker kept raving about the Wagner he used to
paint his house last summer. Again, I don't know that model number but
he was quite happy with the result.

I'll see if I can model numbers and post back.