Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TVs compatible, from one continent to the next??

Phil Allison wrote:

"Jeff Liebermann is a Jerk Off "

I doubt that any American member of this group has adjusted the Hue
control
on their NTSC set for at least 30 years.

True. US receivers use the VIR (Vertical Interval Reference) on line
20 for chroma phase correction to automagically correct both static
and differential phase errors. I think this started in about 1980.

NTSC color started in the USA in the early 1950s.

No, jackass. The 'National Television Standards Committe' was
created for monochrome TV, long before any color televison was
developed.

The famous irreverent NTSC acronym way predates 1980.

As well as color TV, sheep shagger.

Teflon coated.