Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Russ Fairfield

For those of you who knew, or knew of, Russ Fairfield, I'm sad to report
that he died last week at the age of 75. He will be missed.

For those of you who didn't know him, Russ was a nationally known turner
with articles in AAW and elsewhere. He was also one of the nicest people
you'd ever want to know. He was a member of our Inland Northwest Turners
club and an instructor at the local Woodcraft. He was always willing to
spend time showing a beginner (like me) how to do things.

A couple of turners from the club made an urn for his cremains and
several members donated a teaspoon of shavings from their shop to keep
Russ's ashes company.

I'll miss you Russ, as will a lot of folks.