Posted to uk.d-i-y
John MacLeod John MacLeod is offline

Default OT Electric Shavers - mens views needed

On Jan 10, 2:57*pm, "sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote:
Hi,

I need to find out what sort of *electric shaver might be good for my
father. he is 88 years old and getting to cut himself a bit with a razor. he
uses a Gillette Turbo at the moment. *As he keeps cutting himself I wondered
if an electric might be better? he used to use an electric shaver when I was
a child *- a Rolls make , that goes back a few years to the 1950's/60's I
reckon. *he liked it but didn't find a suitable replacement after and went
on to wet shave.

I was looking at the TV ads for the *Braun ( the one that says you can shave
off a weekend beard) but there are several of them and I don't know which to
get. Not knowing much about mens shaving I am a bit stuck Has anyone got one
of those shavers who might be able to tell me which is best?

Thanks for any advice.

Oh dear, sexist again -- as if women didn't use electric razors :-)

Seriously, though, no electric razor designed for use on the face is
going to be much use with growth longer than a couple of millimetres.

That said, you want a rechargeable one -- much simpler in use.

And you'd be better IMHO with one that's not going to need frequent
replacement of easily-damaged foils.

My personal opinion is that you could do a lot worse than looking at
one of the Philips rotary-headed models. Without spending a lot of
money something like this
www.shavers.co.uk/shopping.php?product_id=846
might meet the bill nicely.

John