Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HVAC damper control question

On Jan 8, 11:38*pm, Mikepier wrote:
I am redoing my basement and part of the work involves boxing around
ductwork which has a couple of dampers that control the flow to the
whole house. *I have always left these dampers open, and controlled
the flow at the registers upstairs. Is there any reason why I can't
just lock these dampers to stay open and just box around the ductwork
and bury them? I had thought about putting some kind of access door,
but I don't think it would look nice considering the location.

Some pictures might be helpful. There's no code reason that I know of
not to cover them.