Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Repairing scratched eyeglasses

On 2011-01-10, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

We weren't talking about "safety" glasses. Duh, yourself.

I was and Ed was replying to me.

It may have been *one* of the issues you discussed. You even devoted one
paragraph, of six, to it. The issue was *not* safety glasses.

Besides, all optical quality glass
eyeglass lenses, even if not specifically designed as industrial
safety glasses, are at the very least safety tempered.

That doesn't help you after it's shattered in your eye.

Be pretty
stupid to sell glasses to folks that could break in their eyes.

You're clueless, but that's nothing new.

Major
lawsuits of such monumental proportions as to make glass lenses not
only dangerous, but no doubt illegal. To the best of my knowledge,
they are neither. Do you actually believe there are optomitrists out
there dumb enough to sell potentially hazardous eyeglasses?

Evidently you are.

Now, "cheap sunglasses" are a whole other ballgame. No telling what
the Chinese are importing.