Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default TVs compatible, from one continent to the next??

Zrupfter wrote:
I bought a PAL DVD set from Australia (I'm in Canada),
and took a chance since many NTSC players are able to
play back PAL.
My LiteOn, Toshiba, and Apex DVD players are all able to
play it back, while my Samsung and Pioneer give 'error'
messages. You may find that some cheap import players
almost always play PAL *and* NTSC DVDs.

What error message. I'll bet it was "incorrect disk", or something related
to region code, not because it was PAL.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.