Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Repairing scratched eyeglasses

On Jan 9, 3:30*pm, aemeijers wrote:
On 1/9/2011 3:02 PM, John Simpson wrote:

?

"benick" wrote in message
My glasses are scratched up and was wondering if anyone has used the
stuff that is advertised to fix them..I don't have the 300-400 to
replace them at this time..Anyone tried it ???Did it work ??

signature database 5772 (20110109) __________

http://www.eset.com

Try toothpaste.

signature database 5772 (20110109) __________

http://www.eset.com

BAD idea, if you ever drive into a setting sun- you won't be able to see
anything. If it is just one major scratch, I'd learn to live with it-
you will learn to tune it out by turning your head slightly. You won't
even notice you are doing it. I have a pair of glasses like that now.

And like the others said, if you have a current scrip, shop around for
some cheap replacements. But be aware- the coating quality on cheap
glasses is often abysmal, and the center-to-center pupil distance is
critical. And if your scrip is strong, forget about thin lenses- you'll
see rainbows around everything except at the exact center. Tried those
once, took them back in 3 days.

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

today i went to a local flea market the fellow sells glasses, he is
getting me a replacement lense for 30 bucks. a bargain.

and i am buying a back up pair too in case something happens again....