Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus26282 Ignoramus26282 is offline

Default Well we're living here in Allentown, and they're closing allthe factories down

On 2011-01-09, Ignoramus26282 wrote:
I am wondering about something. 50 years ago, most people worked in

I meant 150 years ago

agriculture or trades supporting agriculture. Now it is something like
3% of the population and makes more food than ever before, due to
industrialization of agricultural processes.

Perhaps, as manufacturing becomes more automated, manufacturing has
the same fate, which is that more stuff will be made by fewer people.

So, I wonder, as people were displaced from agriculture, were there
similar complaints as we hear about closing factories?