Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Heat treat oven gloat

On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 12:37:59 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Sat, 08 Jan 2011 01:00:37 -0800
On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 18:47:17 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 11:28:12 -0800, Rich Grise
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having
both at once."
Robert A. Heinlein

Heinlein was a pompous ass. Of course you can have peace and Freedom
simultaneously - just choose not to make war.

Heinlein was one of the best writers of all time, and a damned good
philosopher, too.

Fighting for peace is like ****ing for virginity.

Not if there are only two courses of action, one being succumbing to
evil forever. I'd chose war over that any day.

Hear hear!!

Bravo! Live Free or die!!

I suppose Larry and all the other passives have heard Bertol
Brecht's poem which began "Suppose the gave a war, and nobody came?"
What they seem to miss is the next line "Why then, the war would come
to you."

Right you are, Pete. I'm just sitting here on my front porch,
strummin' my banjo, keepin' my powder dry, and waitin' for the
hoardes to descend.

--
You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will
preserve for our children this, the last best hope