Mike Dembroge

Default Who said Marples chisels are any good???

Charlie could not be more correct in his description of Jim Wilson & Jim's
work. I was able to sneak an order in earlier this year, and the chisels
Jim made for me are outstanding. Jim was also a pleasure to work with in
his handling of my order and the delays due to back orders and some other
glitches. The chisels Jim makes are well worth the money IMO.

Mike Dembroge

"charlie b" wrote in message
Bay Area Dave wrote:

I'd send it to you, but I've gotten a refund on it already.

Nice try, Jim!

dave

In the event that anyone's unaware of who Jim Wilson is and
why Dave missed a great opportunity - Jim made the mortising
chisels Steve Knight carried. He's a tool maker and knows
his stuff. I recall that he's gotten back into making his
mortising chisels again after a hiatus. Can't find the new
url but here's his old one. Perhaps he'll provide his new
url

www.paragoncode.com/toolmaking/

I'm certain that when you got your chisel back it'd be
sharper than you could make it and the back would be
dead flat.

As for his mortising chisels - well you can try one out
when the lock miter joints are done

charlie b