Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TVs compatible, from one continent to the next??

** Most any TV set has internal adjustments for colour quality
as well as the usual external ones. However, each maker has
their own ideas of how to set the color balance (or color temp)
of a screen -- possibly to be technically accurate OR to look
" nice " to most viewers.

There are specific standards for color temperature and color accuracy. Any
"good" set should have a user selectable setting for 6500D. Many sets have
have essentially perfect primaries ("perfect" in that they meet the
standards). Most sets have slightly "off" tracking, however.

Left to my own devices, I tend to set the color temperature rather high --
9000K or so. This is perhaps because "noon daylight" looks yellow to me.

The principal problem is that the out-of-the-box settings almost always have
the brightness and contrast jacked way up, so the naive viewer will be
impressed. This is roughly equivalent to "the louder speaker sounds better".