Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TVs compatible, from one continent to the next??

The real problem was not that the NTSC system did not have
the autocorrection that was in the original design and used in
the PAL system. The real problem was that there was a knob
on the TV set that could make everything change color.

Actually, the real problem was that the networks didn't give a damn about
getting the color right.

This changed (I think) sometime in the late 70s. I've owned a number of
color TVs since then (want me to list them?), and don't remember even once
having touched the Hue control (incorrectly called the Tint control on most
sets).

It's significant, though, that if the average [censored] is given free hand
to adjust the Hue control, flesh tones almost always wind up on the green
side.