Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Palm sander or random orbital?

In article ,
says...

On 1/8/11 10:23 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
Yeah, I've been amazed at how long a $1 5" 5-hole velcro Norton will
last compared to a $0.40 6" PSA from HF. It's at least 6x.

Our local HF has the Norton discs...... for more than Lowes and HD
charge. :-)

FWIW, I couldn't find any Norton disks at the local Lowes the last time
I went. I took what they had, "Gator Power" and, well, if that gator
had any power to begin with he lost it when they turned him into
sandpaper. Further, the crap costs more than Home Depot gets for Norton
or Coastal gets for Bosch.