Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mental resilience

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sat, 08 Jan 2011 11:22:01 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

Only 1,500 people died out of 336,000 people, however this was due to
the very localized nature of the incident and the fact that the other
334,500 people were able to evacuate a relatively short distance to
areas where infrastructure was intact. Had this not been the case, the
bulk of those 334,500 other people would not have survived.

I don't think any real collapse of civilization is likely in any of our
lifetimes, however I do think that the Great Global Tidy Bowl Swirl (tm)
is going to continue and overall conditions will continue to
deteriorate. I'm not so much into the "survivalist" thing, but I do
think it is a reasonable goal to become as self reliant and self
sufficient as practical so as to minimize the impact of the continued
decline on yourself and your family.

What amazes me is that the insurance company and gov't both allowed
them to rebuild in the same sinkhole after it dried out. Amazing.
Head-up-their-asses Dumb, too.

All they had to do was scream 'RACISTS!!!'

Teflon coated.