Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Palm sander or random orbital?

On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 19:17:52 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

I don't know how many times I have done the math but expensive
sandpaper is cheaper than cheap stuff. G

Once wasn't enough, eh?

So is the method of attaching the paper. Time is money.
...and 20 bucks worth of paper on a 3000 dollar countertop is totally
and completely meaningless.

Yeah, I've been amazed at how long a $1 5" 5-hole velcro Norton will
last compared to a $0.40 6" PSA from HF. It's at least 6x.

BTW, Toy, I thought you might roll your own with freeze-dried banana
leaves, sticky drool from the inscrutable Quebecois, and sand from the
St. Lawrence beaches. Am I wrong?

Nomex=ON

--
You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will
preserve for our children this, the last best hope