Terry G

Default How much torque necessary for metal cutting bandsaw?

What RPM does your motor run at? With a 10:1 reduction I would guess around
1700rpm or so.

"Roy" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:27:46 -0700, "Terry G"
wrote:

===I was wondering what the torque at the blade of a metal cutting

bandsaw
===would be for a lighter duty machine. Or how powerful a motor do

these
===machines run, and what type of gear reduction do they use.
===
===Thanks.
===

Dunno, but I built a 3 wheeled 20+ inch vertical bandsaw and utilized
a gear box with a 10:1 reduction in it and a 1.5 hp motor (DC) and it
has more guts than needed. I am sur I culd have gotten away with the
3/4 hp DC motor just as fine. It has yet to be pulled down and I have
cut 4" thick alum as well as 1 1/4" steel plate already without a
problem.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.