Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Krimped House Water Supply Pipe

On Jan 8, 6:09*am, Terry Shaw wrote:
My public water supply pipe is krimped just after it enters the house
and just before the shutoff valve. *It has been this way for a long time
and I have no reason to suggest it would continue to be fine. *Water
pressure is very strong in the house and there are no leaks.

I'm being told to fix this. *Since there is no simple way to work on
this pipe, and shutting off water from the outside would be extremely
difficult, is there a way to strengthen the pipe with something that
would clamp over the existing pipe?

Thanks!

If your pipe is kinked it will be weakened. Whether it would ever leak
or burst, no-one can say. But as it's before your stop tap, if it did,
you could have a major flood and as you don't know where the street
valve is it could be catastrophic.
So you do need to look at this. You need to find the street valve and
then consider the repair. People here can advise you on the repair if
you give more details.