Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Mental resilience

"Ignoramus12953" wrote in message
On 2011-01-08, Steve B wrote:

wrote:

Snag, look into history. These kinds of disruptions happened many
times, and nothing major happened. No massive die offs, people
recovered and life moved on. I am still into survivalist mindset, but
mostly because I like guns, tools and generators.I did realize,
though, that survivalist fears are overdone.

Have you ever heard of cognitive dissonance? That is where there is a
huge
threat, and the minds of the general public simply cannot handle it, so
they
just go off and play Nintendo or go get laid or high or get their nails
done
or whatever. We're coming up to some pretty drastic things in the way of
fuel prices, shortage of good water, failure of money and the financial
system, moral decay, camel jockeys getting nukes, and several other
areas.

It's good to be a Boy Scout.

Steve, think about New Orleans. It was rather bad in many ways, flood,
bad evacuation, looting, racial issues, etc, but only 1,500 people
died out of 336,000 people.

Yes, and contrary to rumors, there was little long term harm.

Right?

Steve