Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Crimped House Water Supply Pipe

In article ,
Terry Shaw wrote:

My public water supply pipe is crimped just after it enters the house
and just before the shutoff valve. It has been this way for a long time
and I have no reason to believe it wouldn't continue to be fine. Water
pressure is very strong in the house and there are no leaks.

I'm being told to fix this. Since there is no simple way to work on
this pipe, and shutting off water from the outside would be extremely
difficult, is there a way to strengthen the pipe with something that
would clamp over the existing pipe?

Thanks!

If nothing is broken, then there's nothing to fix. You're already done.
Now go watch a little football.