Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Kevin(Bluey) Kevin(Bluey) is offline

Default Crocus cloth?

On 1/8/2011 6:51 AM, wrote:
I must have been in 10 different hardware stores this last week trying
to scare up one sheet of crocus cloth. Even at the place where I got
a sheet a few months back, all I get is "wuzzat?" The Ace chain seems
to have wiped the stuff completely from corporate inventory and
memory. The hole is there where it used to be but no sheets. I can
find it online, in big bundles or expensive rolls, but all I need is
one sheet. Just another sign of the Decline of Western
Civilization...

Stan

mmmm I've a few sheets of the red stuff ,had it for years ,used to use
it for polishing fuel injector spindles .Ive been using it for thelast
stage of sharpening my woodworking plabne irons , leaves a nice chrome
like polished finish on the cutting edge.

I asked for it at the local engineering supply recently where I got the
it before a few years back , and just got a blank stare in return .
I hope they still make it as it's good stuff.

--
Kevin (Bluey)