Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.subterranea,uk.radio.amateur
mogga mogga is offline

Default Strange drain tank?

On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 11:44:34 +0000, Roger Mills
wrote:

On 07/01/2011 10:31, mogga wrote:
On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 21:17:38 +0000, Roger
wrote:

On 06/01/2011 14:17, mogga wrote:

Houses built on fields in the 50s
Land used as play ground for some time.

I still think that it's a raised surround for an inspection chamber for
a sewer. Which way does/did the sewer - serving the houses - run?

It looks remarkably like this one which I can see from my bedroom window:
http://www.mills37.plus.com/Drain.JPG

The second bit of ours is lower.
but vaguely like that.

Have you lifted the cover yet, to see what's *really* inside? It would
end all this speculation!

No. I'm going to go and look at the covers today or tomorrow to see
what they say on them.

I have been told yesterday by the old man who lives near it that it's
drains. Apparently one of the houses will filling up underneath when
it rained because of the slope from the drains on the road that runs
along near us.
Digger came and dug huge trench (7-8ft or more deep) and ran it to
this drain cover which may or may not go into the canal... he wasn't
sure on that.
It's been done in the last 20-30 years anyway so surprising why it's
not shown on any plans.
--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk