Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Finishing drywall

On Jan 6, 8:54*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
*Tony Miklos wrote:

Yes I'm not trying to make it perfect, but the light is the
easiest way to see the joints that are really bad. *I just don't want it
to look as bad as the last mud job I did!

Your idealism is commendable, but seriously, very few people spend any
time at all looking at the ceiling of a room. You could staple a few dog
turds up there and most people would never see them.

I'm thinking the dog turd comaprison is a bit off base.

I have plaster ceilings with a 1 x 8 T&G wall board underlayment (or
would that be overlayment since it's above the plaster?)

Anyway, you can see the joints of the wall board in just about any
light, natural or artificial. The joints aren't taped, so you don't
see rises, you see smooth "indentions" under the 3/8" of plaster.

I don't mind it since I think it adds character, but it's been noticed
by more than one person just sitting on the couch and glancing up.

"Hey, your ceiling is sort of wavy...what is that?"