Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default My Electric Parachute Exploded

On Jan 7, 9:07*am, wrote:
I was standing on the edge of the plane, plugged my parachute into an
outlet, unrolled the extension cord, and jumped. When I pulled the
cord, my parachute exploded, sending pieces of it for miles around. It
was a huge ball of fire, and it singed off all my hair. *I was about
50 feet from splattering against the ground, when the extension cord
hit me in the face. *I grabbed it, and made the long climb back up to
the plane, which was about 5000 feet in the air. *It was a tough climb
on that slippery 18 gauge orange extension cord, but I managed to
climb the entire 5000 feet back into the plane. *I was amazed the cord
never unplugged from the outlet. *

I dont know why the chute exploded. *Could it have been a bad fuse?
Or defective motor, faulty cooling blade, bad cathode ray tube, leaky
capacitor, or just a faulty switch? *Then too, I wonder if my
cellphone signal caused the blast, because I was arguing to my ex-wife
on the phone when this occurred. *Anyone have any idea what went
wrong?

Sounds like the cord was about 100 ft too short.

Jimmie