Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Ignoramus29524 Ignoramus29524 is offline

Default Amazon Heads Up

On 2011-01-07, Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 13:34:13 -0600, Ignoramus29524
wrote:

I also recently received an email from them warning me that they will
be terminating all Illinois Amazon affiliates.

Why? Some kind of ****ing match about income reporting?

Illinois wants Amazon to pay sales tax for items sold to IL
residents.

So they are passing a law that says that any web retailer that has
affiliates in IL, has "physical presence" or something like that, and
is obligated to pay. So, amazon said, it will just terminate all
Illinois affiliates.

Since I do not make any money from anazon affiliate program, I do not
personally care too much.