Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Joe AutoDrill[_2_] is offline

Default Sorta on topic... 110V devices in 220V countries

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've heard that many tribal people have no concept
of microbes. The oxen may be grazing and performing
bodily waste near the well.

Very true. The village we go to has no clue. In fact, when we went there,
the ground was covered by feces from the goats and wild turkeys. The kids
would walk barefoot with cuts and get white-pussy infections. We would clean
them out and send them home with a band aid over the cut and instructions on
how to change it and use anti-biotic ointments.

My point here is that most of the kids had no clue what a band aid was or
that the cut was infected. they just saw it as an injury that may go away or
may not...

Basic education and skill building via long term relationships is what I'm
into. The infrastructure work I do there is all a means to accomplish that
goal.

All they know is that their well watr turns red when exposed to air. They
know water that is not clear is no good so they will not drink it. They
would rather drink from the stream 3-4 miles away that the kids and aminals
**** in.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022