Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Coldest December for 100 years - how did it affect your energy consumption?

On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 08:57:58 +0000, Terry Fields wrote:

I'd be interested in any figures people might have for their December
energy consumption, compared to the previous December.

Burning oil but I have taken weekly tank level readings going back to
2000. For the 28 days covering December, sometimes late Nov or early
Jan depending on when the weekends were the following is the number
of cm of oil used:

2000 22.5
2001 25.75
2002 26.0
2003 22.25
2004 19.75
2005 21.5
2006 21.5
2007 18.0
2008 25
2009 24.5
2010 23.5

December '10 was pretty cold (lots of ice days and lows -10C or so)
but not windy. It is the wind that really cools this place out.

Each cm of oil is about 25l so we burnt 580l or so of oil in Dec '10
that's about 5800kwHr of energy.

--
Cheers
Dave.