Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Coldest December for 100 years - how did it affect your energy consumption?

In article ,
Roger Mills writes:

We used 30% more gas (for CH & HW)compared with December '09 - but 13.5%
*less* electricity.

The increase in gas usage is what I would expect because the heating was
on for a lot longer and we also supplemented it with the gas fire (which
is less efficient) quite a lot. I can't explain the *reduction* in
electricity usage - but other people seem to have reported the same
thing. Curious!

Snow is very reflective - less lighting?
If the gas consumption is something like 10000kWh and the electricity
consumption is 400kWh, then it's insignificant anyway.

--
Andrew Gabriel