Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default Coldest December for 100 years - how did it affect your energyconsumption?

On 07/01/11 12:05, Roger Mills wrote:

We used 30% more gas (for CH & HW)compared with December '09 - but 13.5%
*less* electricity.

The increase in gas usage is what I would expect because the heating was
on for a lot longer and we also supplemented it with the gas fire (which
is less efficient) quite a lot. I can't explain the *reduction* in
electricity usage - but other people seem to have reported the same
thing. Curious!

Turned off the lights and went to bed early? Having bought a new duvet
in September I have probably saved quite a lot of gas by not having the
heating on overnight at all this winter.

Not sure of my gas consumption so far this year as I only tale a reading
and calculate a comparison when the quarterly bill arrives (Nov-Feb)

--
djc