Posted to sci.electronics.repair
baron baron is offline

Default Samsung TV

Arfa Daily Inscribed thus:

I'll be in his shop tomorrow. If I remember, I'll ask if he's had
anything else on those. Was there any prior symptoms ? Did it fail
whilst on, or fail to come out of standby. What exactly is the standby
LED doing ? If it is pulsing, have you tried unplugging the backlight
inverter ?

Arfa

Hi Arfa,
It was running just fine, then without any warning the display went off
and the little red standby LED in the middle of the button started
flashing. 3short, delay, 1long, off, delay then the sequence starts
again.

No I haven't disconnected the backlight panel. There seems to be 6 or 8
inverters on a separate panel running vertically up the left side,
viewed from the rear. There is a single multiway cable connecting the
inverter panel to the PSU board. The backlight panel is under a metal
screen, making it hard to see underneath without removing fairly
substantial metalwork.

Thanks:
--
Best Regards: