Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Samsung TV

Hi Arfa,
Well I scoped the power rails without finding anything I could report as
useful. The ripple that I did find was around 120mv and that was on
the 33v rail. Some really odd waveforms on other pins, but meaningless
without knowing what they were for. I did note that the heatsink for
the CPU got moderately hot over the ten/fifteen minutes that I was
checking voltage lines.

Stuck for the moment. :-(
Thanks:

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

I'll be in his shop tomorrow. If I remember, I'll ask if he's had anything
else on those. Was there any prior symptoms ? Did it fail whilst on, or fail
to come out of standby. What exactly is the standby LED doing ? If it is
pulsing, have you tried unplugging the backlight inverter ?

Arfa