Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Mental resilience

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 10:29:32 -0800 (PST), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On Jan 6, 12:21*pm, Don Foreman wrote:
Those I would take with me on a recon mission would have significant
training, skills and applicable experience. *Those who break easily
would not have successfully completed such training. *

I've been surprised by who jumps in to help me in a sudden emergency,
and who stands by with a blank stare. One such was a former Navy diver
who had told everyone what a hero he was.

Some women including my ex respond very well in a crisis despite
having no training. In general I'd pick former submarine crew who are
fairly plentiful in high tech, unlike SpecOps vets.

jsw

I mentioned skills and training because Ig specifically mentioned a
recon mission.

Some women are indeed very good under stress. My neighbor Nikki is a
ICU nurse and has worked in the ER. She is absolutely unflappable.