Posted to uk.d-i-y
John MacLeod John MacLeod is offline

Default AA batteries what is a full charge

On Jan 5, 10:32*pm, Mike Clarke wrote:

Make
sure your new one has a Lithium-ion battery built in and that it can
be charged in the camera. *Far more suitable for camera use than NiMH
or NiCad.

I'd disagree there. I use rechargeable NiMH batteries, if they run flat
it's a matter of moments to pop in a set of ready charged ones (or the
reserve set of unused Duracells I keep in the camera bag). Far better
than waiting for the internal battery to recharge and if you're half way
up a deserted mountainside that isn't even an option.

False argument. Whoever suggested waiting for an internal battery to
recharge. The internal removeable lithium-ion battery slips out in a
moment and I can slip in a spare one if I really have completely
discharged the internal one which takes hundreds of photos before
needing recharging. The spare one lives in a tiny pouch on the camera
strap, along with spare SD cards. And I have a separate recharger so
that I can charge the spare battery outside the camera.

I can assure you that camera has travelled with me across four
continents and far from electric power points.

John