Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default EPC - diy possible?

Andy Dingley ) wibbled on Thursday 06 January 2011
15:02:

On Jan 6, 1:44 pm, Tim Watts wrote:

As it's a legal requirement when a property is sold,

"Marketed", technically.

No, sold.

A HIP was needed to market the property. EPC is needed if it's
sold.

Ah - OK. Fine.

I thought they were part and parcel of the same package...

We bought our place (two years ago) direct from the seller who had
never marketed it, and had neither HIP nor EPC. We needed to pay for
the EPC ourselves before we could complete, as neither party's
solicitors would permit completion without. As we were buying from a
crazed hippy and we were running out of time on the mortgage offer,
the notion that the seller ought to be paying for it became moot.

Interesting sounding vendor...

--
Tim Watts