Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rain Barrel Filled with Ground Water?

That's one source of water. Also, the condensate from any AC
system that might be running. Others have mentioned
chemicals. Who can tell, about that? Those are the
pesticides and such which are already in the ground water. I
vote yes, it's a good idea.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Edge" wrote in message
I know its winter. But being retired and with idle thoughts
I am
looking at my neighbor's rain barrel that during the summer
collects
rain runoff from his roof to water his plants. Our houses in
the
development have basements with sump pumps. My own sump pump
goes off
more regularly than it rains around here in the summer.
Since the sump
collects clean ground water, is it okay to divert that water
to a rain
barrel? Seems a better idea than dumping and wasting that
water into
the storm sewers.