Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default AA batteries what is a full charge

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 09:41:44 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 13:55:32 -0800 (PST), John MacLeod wrote:

Your digicam is due for replacement, if it's done seven years.

Why? My digital camera is pushing ten years maybe more. It takes
pictures, what more do I want? It also has a "B" setting that most
digicameras these days don't have, useful for the aurora and 30 to 60
second exposures.

Make sure your new one has a Lithium-ion battery built in and that it
can be charged in the camera.

I have another camera with built in, custom, Lithium Ion battery and
it is a right royal PITA. More often than not it is virtually flat
when ever I want to take a photo. If I want to be sure of being able
to take more than 3 or 4 shots it has to be charged immediatly before
hand(*). Any new camera I get will take standard sized cells (AA or
AAA) at least then you can swap sets cheaply and in extremis get some
alkalines from almost any shop in the world...

My Canon with custom LiIon battery pack works for months and several
hundred pics without needing charging. However it has to be charged
in a special charger so I would agree it would be better to take
standard sizes AA or AAA batteries.
--
(\__/) M.