Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default New washing machine time - What sort?

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 11:22:14 -0000, "John"
wrote:

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Jan 3, 10:10 pm, Skipweasel wrote:

Nowt wrong with a good second-hand one. Ours came from someone who was
changing the colour of their kitchen and white didn't match.

That's how I got this one - in 1994 beige and brown. I've had it about
as long as the original owners.

I'm going off the idea of a Bosch though, on account of too many
customer reviews telling of controller board failures at 3-4 years,
costing £200 quid.

That hasn't gone on mine. It has got through several doors seals and
a set of brushes in around 10 years of heavy usage though. The main
problem is that it doesn't spin very fast and the washing comes out
fairly wet.

Most critical aspect is to ensure the feet are really well adjusted - it
prevents all the complaints about the machine wobbling and reduces wear and
tear.

I heard that WMs were designed to work on solid floors and don't like
suspended floors. Ours certainly wobbles less now I have moved it to a
solid floor.
--
(\__/) M.