Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default AA batteries what is a full charge

On Jan 6, 4:26*am, Tabby wrote:
On Jan 5, 1:00*pm, "SS" wrote:

Recently had a few probs with AA batteries for digi cam, the batteries are
probably 3 years old but have no idea on how often they have been recharged.
Recently after charging they dont last long (have ordered a couple of new
sets) Anyhow I have just recharged them all and on a multimeter thingy they
are showing 14V + or should that be 1.4 V, *not too clever with these things
and how to set them.

Would this be a realistic voltage for freshly charged?
Other than when my digicam tells me `change the battery pack` after a few
pics is there any practical way to decide if the batteries are past their
best.
I am assuming the slight possibility of a camera fault, thats about 7 years
old.

thanks

Get yourself some NiMH. There's no need for eneloops, NiMH that dont
go flat quickly are common now.

Whoosh!