Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Moving a shed

In article ,
aemeijers wrote:

See page 2 of this site:

http://www.theforgottentechnology.com/newpage1

Wherein the guy says:

"my son needed a pole barn moved, due to a desired property split. I
decided to put my technique to the test. The wood building was a 30 ft.
by 40 ft. and 16 ft. tall. It weighed over 10 tons."

PC Tools Spyware Doctor says the website is evil, and wouldn't let me go
there. Can you summarize?

Hard to summarize, the site is extensive. As Stormy says, he's marketing
a DVD, but there is a lot that's on the site. Page one says:

__________

"How It All Began

I am a retired carpenter with 35 years experience in construction. In
my work experience, over the years, many times I had to improvise on
tools that were not at hand in order to get the job done.

At one of these times, about 12 years ago, I had to remove some 1200 lb.
saw cut concrete blocks from an existing floor. The problem was that we
did not have a machine that could reach some of the blocks. The only
obvious answer was to break the blocks into smaller pieces with a
sledgehammer and load them into a wheelbarrow. To me, this seemed to be
too much labor at the time, so I improvised.

Using a few rocks and leverage, I removed the blocks from below the
floor to an area that the machine could reach them for removal. After
doing this several times, the technique became very easy and quick. This
experience had me consider the possibility that people may have used
this technique before modern day equipment was available."

Page two continues:

"Nine years later, after retiring, I decided to explore this on my own.
I brought home a one ton block of concrete from a job. Once I got home,
I realized that I had to use my techniques to get the block off the
truck. After unloading, I found that my technique allowed me to move the
block around the yard with very little effort. At that time, my family
became very interested in what their "crazy dad" was up to " this time".

In a few days time, I decided my one ton block was no longer
challenging, so I made some bigger blocks to play with. Within a few
months time, I was moving, rolling, standing on end, and stacking them
on top of each other.

I found that I, working alone, could easily move a 2400 lb. block 300
ft. per hour with little effort, and a 10,000 lb. block at 70 ft. per
hour. I also stood two 8 ft. 2400 lb. blocks on end and placed another
2400 lb. block on top. This took about two hours per block. I found that
one man, working by himself, without the use of wheels, rollers,
pulleys, or any type of hoisting equipment could perform the task."

He believes that he understands how the pyramids, etc. were built, using
far less labor and time than most would suspect, and goes into some
detail about it. Interesting way to spend a little time, and I don't
know why your Spyware detector flagged it.