Posted to misc.consumers.house
Gary Heston Gary Heston is offline

Default Strippimg screw heads

In article ,
Stan Brown wrote:

Thanks to those who responded. I need to drill larger pilot holes
than I have been doing and use a higher-quality screwdriver, also
carefully matching the screwdriver to the particular size Phillips
screwhead. And I need to use a lot of force straight into the screw
head -- that may be a problem because I'm not all that strong.

Buy a set of driver bits, and use your drill to drive the screws.
You'll find it's a lot easier and smoother than turning them by
hand. (This assumes your drill is variable speed and allows good
low-speed control; if not, buy an inexpensive drill-driver.)

Gary