Posted to alt.home.repair

Default T-stat for heater

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 15:41:51 -0800 (PST), ransley
wrote:

On Jan 4, 9:46*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
?
"Tony Hwang" wrote

Electric heaters usualy have settings that consume 6-900 and 1500
watts, 1500 watts might cost me near $100 to run a month. Consider a
small heating pad a pharmacy has, they might take 30-60 watts. The
cats can sleep on it and stay plenty warm since the heat will rise
around them. Put a piece of foam rubber under the pad so you dont
loose the heat.
Hi,
What? 100.00 a month? Our power costs 7 cents/KWh.

Possible.
The rate here is 18 . *At 1500 watts, that is 27 an hour. *If you ran the
heater on high for 12 hours a day, the cost would be about $100 a month.

My guess, though, is that the enclosure can be heated with far less wattage
and less hours per day. *In any case, the heating pad idea is probably a
better one.

But WHO is at .07 a KWH, answer, nobody in the USA.

Idaho is $.08/kWh.